Dulcimer Fingerpicking Basics is a comprehensive DVD workshop suitable for beginning level players as well as more advanced players who want to learn fundamental techniques of fingerpicking the mountain dulcimer. Sue delivers step-by-step instruction from simple exercises to arrangements of: “Patience Corner,” “Summer Solstice Waltz,” and “Southwind.”
Ideal visual compliment to Patterns and Patchwork
- Lessons follow the same teaching methods as in Sue’s book, but with different music.
- Various camera angles for close-ups of right and left hands.
- Right Hand Techniques
- Fingerpicking Patterns
- Dynamics and Tone Quality
- Picking the Patterns to Fit the Melody
- Picking the Fingers to Fit the Pattern
PDF files for the tab/music included on the DVD.
- A Home Grown Music Studios Production
- Filmed in HD – Approximately 75 minutes
“Learning . . . fingerpicking will greatly expand your enjoyment of the mountain dulcimer and this DVD is all you will ever need to master this beautiful style. Great teaching techniques, great tunes, and a great opportunity to grow as a musician!”
–Deb Porter, Dulcimer Players News, Vol. 37, No. 1, 2011